How to file a police complaint
- Contact Triple Zero (000)
However, the Police Assistance Line cannot assist with urgent matters including:
- family violence
- assaults, or
- a crime that is happening at the time of reporting.
Online Reporting gives you the same service you’d get in a police station, but at a time and location that’s convenient for you.
Following complaints can be submitted online:
You will receive a notification with support information and a police reference number once we have processed your report. This will be sent via email or regular mail.
You can report non-urgent crimes and events to 131 444 at any time, from anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Examples of non-urgent crimes and events include:
- burglary, whether on a commercial property or in a home where no one is present
- theft (including theft of a motor vehicle)
- lost property
- general inquiries
- Breach of COVID-19 that is now taking place.
To report non-urgent crimes quickly and easily, add 131 444 to your contacts.