Table of Contents
Role of Royal Oman Police
Every police system in the world plays a similar duty, as does the Royal Oman Police (ROP). It works to uphold the law strongly and fairly by first preventing crimes and then pursuing and prosecuting offenders. Additionally, the ROP is engaged in offering governmental services related to first assistance, traffic, immigration, civil status, civil defense, and customs.
Objectives of Royal Oman Police
- Maintain law and order throughout the country.
- Protect people’s lives and property.
- Protect all persons against illegal acts.
- They ought to stop crimes from happening and prosecute criminals.
- Carry out an investigation and gather proof
Procedure to File a Complaint in Royal Oman Police
Police Operations Center: Emergency 9999
Report Cyber Extortion (Blackmail): 80077444
General Administration of Narcotics and Psychotropic Substances: Emergency 1444
Following are the steps to follow:
- Visit the police station that is the closest to the scene of the event or your home. The Sultanate of Oman is home to numerous police stations.
- Tell the front desk employee that you would like to make a complaint when you approach them. Give them all the information you have about the occurrence, including the date, time, and place and any pertinent details.
- You’ll probably find a complaint form to fill out at the police station. Give precise and thorough details regarding the occurrence. Add your contact information and personal details.
- If you have any supporting documents, such as photographs, videos, or any other evidence related to the incident, make sure to attach them to your complaint. This can strengthen your case.
- Request a copy of the complaint for your records. This can be useful for your reference and as proof that you’ve filed a complaint.
- Inquire about the follow-up process and ask for your complaint’s contact person or reference number. This will help you check the status of your complaint later.
- Keep yourself informed about the progress of the investigation. You may need to follow up with the police periodically to get updates on your case.
- If needed, you can also contact the Public Relations Office of the Royal Oman Police for assistance and information on the complaint process.
- For further information, check here.