You can lodge a complaint in Luxembourg at any police station or Public Prosecutor’s office. In some circumstances, you can also submit a police complaint online.
Who are eligible?
- Anyone who has been a victim of a certain kind of theft may report it.
What is the prerequisite?
thefts (wallet, luggage, purse, bicycle, phone/tablet, computer, computer medium, camera, jewelry):
- with an unknown perpetrator
- during which nobody was injured;
- without recourse to violence
- which presents no usable material evidence
- cases where fuel is stolen at the petrol station
Procedure to file a complaint
- Login to MyGuichet.lu.
- Must include whether for himself or for a person under his responsibility.
- It is possible to include a photo or receipt for the item that was taken (s). This will make the duty of the investigator easier. At the conclusion of the data-entering procedure, these papers can be affixed to the report.
- where applicable, the personal data of the victim
- and the circumstances of the theft.
- Even though a specific police station receives and processes online reports, the complainant must nevertheless provide the contact information for a different station in case they need him to appear in person.
- You can check the forms here.
- For further details contact here.