Table of Contents
Welfare check in Australia:
Police in Australia will be assigned for the welfare check. If you request for the welfare check on someone, police in the nearest police station on the provided address will check.
Welfare check can be used to check
- on someone close to you
- older people
Emergency contact Australia
For emergency, call 000
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For the incident support / Employee assistance program (EAP), call 1300 667 197
- In Employee assistance program (EAP), short term coaching and counselling available for NSWPF officers, employees and their immediate families
- EAP includes 6 sessions every 2 years.
- Crisis counselling is available 24/7. Download the free app on your apple or android device, ‘EAP CONNECT APP’.
Alcohol, Pharmaceutical Drugs and Gambling Counselling Australia
- It provides a confidential counselling service for NSWPF officers and employees for substance abuse and gambling.
- It does not impact EAP allocation.
Contact Police Psychology for more information. Service available during normal business hours.
Phone: (02) 9285 3899
Fortem – Wellbeing Support Australia
Provides support for First Responders and their families through wellbeing activities, clinical support, resources and an employment transition program.
Phone: 1300 33 95 94
First Nations Helpline
Provide specialist advice and support around indigenous issues. A safe place to talk to someone who can empathise with your issues and provides support.
Phone: 1300 287 432
Welfare Check Queensland (QLD), Australia
How to request a police welfare check in Queensland (QLD)?
If it is considered as an emergency, please contact Police link on 131 444
Domestic violence contact Queensland (QLD)
Which is considered as a domestic violence?
- physical abuse
- damage to property
- sexual abuse
- verbal abuse
- harassment or intimidation
- financial abuse, or
- threatening to do any of these things.
DVConnect Womensline: 1800 811 811 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
DVConnect Mensline: 1800 600 636 (9am to 12 midnight, 7 days a week)
Sexual Assault Helpline: 1800 010 120 (7.30am to 11.30pm, 7 days a week)
Kids Help Line: 1800 55 1800 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hour Crisis Counselling Line)
Elder Abuse Helpline: 1300 651 192 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
For more assistance, visit here
Police Welfare Checks for other Country
If you may want to check for wellness / welfare checks for your friends / families / relatives reside in any country, you can check here