Table of Contents
Procedure to check if you have a police case/criminal record in Saudi Arabia
To obtain a police clearance certificate in Saudi Arabia, you must go through a rigorous application process. There are three options for obtaining a criminal background check certificate.
- Obtaining a police clearance certificate online or
- obtaining a manual police clearance certificate while in Saudi Arabia
Online police clearance certificate
Any company with an active ELM system has the ability to seek a police clearance certificate from any individual who has an active Absher account if the company has an active ELM system.
Step 1 After logging into the Elm System, GRO will go into the AMN section and initiate contact with the authorities to request a police clearance certificate.
- Enter individual Iqama number
- Enter your registered mobile number with Absher
Step 2 If the individual does not approve or reject this request, a text message will be sent to them.
Step 3 Individual will log into his or her Absher account and choose the below option:
- General Service
- View pending request
- Accept the request
Step 4 Once you have completed this step, you will receive a confirmation text message from AMN.
Step 5 The certificate of police clearance can be printed or saved by the company online.
Step 6 Only individuals who have an Absher account will be able to obtain an online police clearance certificate.
Step 7 Once your Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) / Background Record Check has been completed, the results will be mailed to you at the address you provided in the application form, or to the address specified by the customer.
Obtaining a manual police clearance certificate while in Saudi Arabia
- A copy of the applicant’s valid Iqama is required.
- A copy of the applicant’s current passport is required.
- Colorful photograph with white backdrop
- Authentic letter of endorsement issued by the embassy and legally attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- Once you have received the authorization letter, schedule an appointment with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and travel to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for attestation.
Visit the police station
- Now, make an appointment with the police department to submit an application for a police clearance certificate.
- All the applicants need to visit the police station and submit the below documents
- Copy of valid Iqama of the applicant
- Copy of valid passport of the applicant
- original letter of endorsement issued by the embassy and duly attested by the MOFA
- The applicant is required to return to the same police station to pick up the PCC on the scheduled collection day.
How to check the status of police case / criminal record in Saudi Arabia?
Check if it is cleared or not
Beneficiaries can obtain information about a case’s date, time, and judicial office by entering the case number, the court, and the year the case was filed in an e-service offered by the Ministry of Justice.
The first step is to access the MOFA website
- After that select (inquiry about the date of the case)
- Click (login to the service)
- Enter the case number and year
- Select court
- Click search