Procedure to apply and obtain Police Clearance Certificate in Singapore
The Criminal Investigation Department of the Singapore Police Force (SPF) issues the Certificate of Clearance (COC) to attest that the subject in question has never been convicted of a crime in Singapore. The applicant must provide written documentation confirming the requirement for the COC from the applicable consulate, immigration agency, or government body.
For Singapore Citizen
- Visit the website.
- Login by Singpass.
- complete the online application form.
- When your online application for a COC is approved, the certificate will be mailed to the address you provided there.
- No fingerprint impressions or appointments need to be scheduled for Singapore citizens.
For non-Singapore Citizens
- Non-Singapore citizens must submit an online appeal at the website if they want to apply for COC.
- Only once the appeal is granted will non-Singapore citizens be able to submit an online COC application.
- To appeal, please select “Appeal by non-Singapore Citizens to Apply for Certificate of Clearance” and complete the online appeal form.
- Within five working days, you will be notified of the resolution of your appeal. You can then apply for a COC if your appeal is granted.
- You will be notified to schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints captured at the Police Cantonment Complex if you are a non-Singapore citizen living in Singapore after we accept your COC application.
- After your fingerprint impressions have been verified at the Police Cantonment Complex, the COC will be given to you.
- If you are a non-Singapore citizen living abroad, you must have your fingerprints taken at a police station or other authorized location there. You must then mail the original fingerprint impressions and the receipt from your COC application to the Certificate of Clearance Office.
- The COC will be mailed to your postal address listed in the online application form after we receive and verify your fingerprints.
- Fingerprint form.
COC Office is located at:
Certificate of Clearance Office
Block D, #02-07/08
Police Cantonment Complex
391, New Bridge Road
- Document stating the need for and the function of a COC.
- Copy of valid passport (biometric page)
- Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back
- Scanned or digital passport-sized photograph
- Credit/debit card or i-Banking for online payment
- Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions.
What are the fees?
- Each application has a $55.00 processing charge plus posting charges.