Table of Contents
Procedure to apply and obtain Police Clearance Certificate in Rhode Island Police
- Register for the walk-in virtual queue service when you arrive. No appointment is required
- Utilize the text message or QR code on the signpost in our parking lot to register online. You will receive a welcome text after registration. Wait until you receive a second text message telling you to enter the facility.
- The hours for registration are 8:30 am – 4:15 pm. Currently, we only accept credit and debit (fees apply). At 4:00 pm, fingerprinting is finished.
- For any issue contact 401-274-4400.
- The processing time for a Police Clearance Certificate in Rhode Island can take several weeks. Once your application has been processed, the police department will mail your Police Clearance Certificate to you.
- For further information check here.
Fees for Police clearance
- In Rhode Island, a police clearance certificate can cost anywhere from $5 to $35.
- You must either currently reside in Rhode Island or have done so in the past. Additionally, you must state a legitimate reason for needing the certificate, such as one related to employment or immigration.
- You will need to provide proof of your current address in Rhode Island.
- You will need to provide a fingerprint card when applying for a Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must provide proof of your identity, such as a passport or driver’s license. You may also be required to provide additional forms of identification, such as a birth certificate or social security card.