Procedure to apply to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate in London Police Service
A police certificate is required by the relevant high commission or embassy as part of the visa application process. It verifies whether you have a criminal record in the United Kingdom. If made available to the UK, it might also contain any information on criminal histories from other countries.
- For a police clearance certificate, the applicant must submit a completed prescribed application form (personal particular) that our lab will provide.
- The certificates will be delivered by mail to the forwarding address that applicants specified in their applications.
- If there are no criminal records found, it will take the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office (ACRO) 2 to 3 weeks to process the application before sending the certified criminal record check (hard copy) via regular mail.
- The (ACRO) can send it to our Organization if you require it urgently through Premium Services, and we will then send it to you via courier at an additional cost.
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Application form
- Evidence proving your last place of residence was in the UK
- Background History Address Details
- colored passport scans or photocopies that you have personally attested
Why it is required
- The certificate, which may be needed as part of the application for a visa, citizenship, or residency, provides information about whether you have a criminal record in the UK.
- When disclosed to the UK, information about criminal histories from other countries may also be included.
- Impending prosecutions and offenses that are being investigated will be listed in certificates.
- We can only discuss the information on the certificate once you have received it, and certificates will only be given out in a tangible manner.
What are the fees?
- Standard service – £45.00 – 10 working days to process
- Premium service – £80.00 – 2 working days to process
Where to apply?
PO Box 481, Fareham,
Hampshire, PO14 9FS,
Phone: +44 (0)2380 479 920