Procedure to apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Federal Police, Germany
In case applying in person:
- The applicant must submit their application to the local registration office (Meldebehörde, which issues register certificates) where they are currently registered.
- Check the offices here.
- Schedule a meeting. Bring the application that has been completed to the appropriate office.
- The applicant must pay the recommended fee for the certificate.
- Upon notification or in accordance with regulations, the certificate may be picked up in person from the office where the applicant applied.
Bundesamt für Justiz, Besucherservice,Adenauerallee 99 – 103, 53113 Bonn.
- If you have a valid and acknowledged electronic signature, such as an electronic residency permit and a card-reading device, you can apply online.
- Apply here online.
- To access the online application page, please choose the “apply for a certificate of good conduct” option on the left side of the website.
- Fill in all the details and upload all the documents.
- Make the payment.
- After processing, the applicant will receive notification for receiving the certificate in accordance with the standards.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Id
- Valid Address
- National identification card.
- Proof of fee payment.
- Passport photograph
- Email id
- applicant holding a current passport and a current proof of address
- 16 years of age or older. If a juvenile has not reached the age of 16, the parent exercising parental authority must submit the application on their behalf.
- The applicant’s present residence must match that on the passport and any other supporting documents.
What are the fees?
- Each certificate of conduct costs 13 euros.
What is the processing time?
- Usually two weeks. The time may increase depending on the mode or nation.